Another Chapter

Enjoying this meaningful life

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Leadership Training Camp (LTC)

He bellowed. He ordered. He left no mercy.
Everyone drop 45 degrees to left, pumping position.
Our hands trembled under the hot baking running tracks in the afternoon.
The whole Student Elects choired our cheer as one, loud and clear.
"Hold it there longer buddy"
Sweat trickles down my face, peservering, never succumbing to fatigue.
RECOVER! Now TWINKLE position!
In half squat position and hands parrallel to the ground,
we echoed out cheer again, putting our heart and souls in it.
"Here's your support friend" - as they support our trembling hands with theirs.
But He wasn't torturing. He kept pushing us, beyond our limits.
Moulding us into one strong bonded family.

So, I'm finally back from Leadership Training Camp Phase 2 for 5th Student Council.
Let me be frank.
It's probably the toughest camp cos it was both mentally and physically challenging.
Mind you, it's more that what you think it is.
Even NCC camps or courses that I have attend wasn't as challenging as this.
The twinkles, the pumpings and the upright yelling.
It changed us all.
Not only the twinkles, pumpings and yelling.
But the values that was instilled indirectly to us.

Therefore, I would like to dedicate this song "The Climb by Miley Cyrus"
It serves as a reminder for the tough climb up the slippery and oily slope to the peak of the hill.

I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa



Serene and me, the last night of the camp.
When we were given only 20 mins to use our phone.

Me, Zi Xian, Yi Qi and Qing Hua
Oh just look at our exhausted faces
And we had Milo for supper. Trust me, Milo was like Estascy for us.


The experience and moments shared during the 3 days camp would always be etched in my heart.

With honour and humility,
not forgetting...
PRIDE.