Another Chapter

Enjoying this meaningful life

Monday, September 07, 2009

Biodex Assessment & Appt with Prof

I got something to tell the whole world, and that is:
I PASSED MY PHYSIOTHERAPY TEST-Biodex Assessment WITH FLYING COLOURS!!!
And OFFICIALLY discharged from rehabilitation classes and also from consultations with Professor Paul Chang.


Fascinated by the moving boxes on the ceiling @ SGH

While Nur Amirah Bte Senin was worrying about her appointment with her dentist,
I was worried over my appointment with my physiotherapist and the doctor.

Was pretty early for the test today.
Pauline was on leave. So, her colleague took over. Bambang was surprised to see me. I guess he wasn't informed...

After 10mins of cycling and stretches, Pauline's colleague(let's call her Alpha) called upon me to get onto the CHOPPING BOARD. *gasp*

Oh well, it's basically a machine with a seat and something that is meant for the leg, so that it can test our strengthening and endurance when we kick that thing. Oh well, go figure out.

So, Bambang was the one who took the test for me. Hahaha, and kinda first time talked to him in pure malay. Usually, it would be a mixture.

Alpha: Ready to take the test?
Fatin: Uhhh.. I think so? What if i fail?
Alpha: If you fail, you go back to the class lorr...
Fatin: *I think it wld be good if I fail. HAHAS!*
Fatin: Ohhh... Huh..
.
.
.
Bambang: *clicks on the computer to weigh my leg*
Computer: 11
Fatin: Eh, wah, my leg 11kg eh?
Bambang: Huh? No lahh.. 11 Newton Metre. If 11kg, die lah. 2 legs already 22kg. Haha!
Fatin: Oooohhh *mental calculation of Nm to kg (I didn't manage to get anyway..)*

Okay, so my leg weighs 1.12kg. Light yeah?
Wonder where the other 40kg comes from.

So the results were printed.
SURPRISINGLY, my operated leg is WAAAAYYY stronger than my healthy leg.
That explains why my left leg is bigger than my right. HAHA!
&& i see less red results as compared to the test on 3rd month.
Alpha and Bambang was definitely pleased with the results.

Alpha: Hmmm... good good. *Flips flips* Infact, your leg now is stronger than before you had your operation. Alright then, *smiles at me* . You are discharged.
Fatin: Dis... discharged?
Alpha: Yeah. You don't have to come back for the ACL Classes anymore.
Fatin: Ohh.. okay... Umm... Can i have one last session?
Alpha: One last session? Okay.. with Pauline?
Fatin: Yes please! *as i beamed from ear to ear*
Walked out from the Gymnasium with WIIIDDDDEEE smile XD

Then...
Cashier: Okay, that would be $32.50
Fatin: thirty-two fifty?!? So expensive?!?
Cashier: Oh yeah. Cos you had the Biodex Assessment right?
Fatin: Oh yeah.. *Alamak.. heartpain*

Later went to meet my doctor, Prof Paul Chang.
(I'm proud to have a doctor who is a professor. HAHAHA! Okay, enough.)

P. Chang: So how's your leg?
Fatin: I guess it's good? I had my test just now. The therapist said it's good.
P. Chang: I see. *checks the leg* It looks good. Doesn't hurt right?
Mum: Doctor, she has screw inside her leg is it? Will it affect her in the long run?
P. Chang: High chance, it won't. But if you don't feel comfortable with it, I can take the screw out.
Fatin: NOOO!!! (Oh gosh, enough of operations please)
P. Chang: Haha. The screws shouldn't be a problem.
Fatin: *smiles*

P. Chang: So what sport are you doing now?
Fatin: Umm.. body combat for PE?
P. Chang: Haha! Wow! Okay, i guess you can start fighting people now.
Fatin: Haha alrighto.
P. Chang: Anyway, you can go back to sports now. But for a safe period to start, is 1 and a half years from the day of your operation. That is when the new ligament would fully mature. Just take good care of your leg now. Okay?
Fatin: Alright.
P. Chang: Okay then. You are discharged. If you have any problems with your leg, you can always come back. Okay, see ya. Take Care.
Fatin: Okay, thank you doctor.

Yeap, today is undeniable a day that my heart feels light.
Plus, funny encounters with people.
One of granny's friend thought i was a MAID! Hahaha!

Then, Bambang only realised I wore braces today.
Bambang: Eh you wear braces?
Fatin: I wore it looooooooong time ago.
Bambang: Eh? Alamak. Sorry tak prasan.
Fatin: Haha...

And some shop seller who kinda compliment? Hmm..
SS: Eh, gigi ada bisi eh? Kena pakai brapa lame lagi?
Fatin: Macam satu tahun gitu?
SS: Ohh. Haha, nanti lawa eh. Hahaha! Ok, selamat berbuka.

Hahahah wee!!
Oh well, I'm alreadying missing them.
Seriously.
Looking forward to next 3 weeks. Should be the last time i see them. Sighh.